PDA

View Full Version : Civil3d 2011 surface problem

clintonc
2011-06-14, 07:10 PM
When I start the createsurface command the dialog box comes up and lets me fill out the info, but when i click the button to create the surface nothing happens. It just goes back to the screen acts as if I never started the command.

gandocadguy
2011-06-14, 07:30 PM
Look in your prospector tab of the toolspace pallette. Find surfaces, your surface will be under that.

Jmurphy
2011-06-14, 08:57 PM
When I start the createsurface command the dialog box comes up and lets me fill out the info, but when i click the button to create the surface nothing happens. It just goes back to the screen acts as if I never started the command.
Once you create the surface you need to define what objects make up that surface, as gandocadguy posted look in the prospector tab for the surface name, expand it and either add your object in the definition section or import points.gis data or what ever you want to define it for you.

Elwuud
2011-11-15, 07:11 PM
I create my surface, go to modify surface, add points, click ok....the surface doesn't show, only the boundary.

Any thoughts?

Another question is how do I create a "proposed surface" when I have no point file?

many thanks.

ccowgill
2011-11-15, 08:06 PM
I create my surface, go to modify surface, add points, click ok....the surface doesn't show, only the boundary.

Any thoughts?

Another question is how do I create a "proposed surface" when I have no point file?

many thanks.
existing surface, you have to make sure that your style is set to show contours or triangles or such. We have 2 standards, one that shows triangles and contours, and one that shows only contours.
proposed surface, we create ours from feature lines, and grading groups (a combination of the both)

dgordon.68443
2012-01-26, 03:45 PM
elwuud,

did you ever get your surface to look the way you wanted?

Dan

mjfarrell
2012-01-26, 03:49 PM

Any thoughts?

many thanks.

Change the Style you have applied to your surface, be sure to turn on the ccontour(s).

One uses Feature Lines, Grading objects and or creates points to define the Proposed Surface.
I will suggest that settings points is the LEAST productive method.