PDA

View Full Version : Not allow to Q-Save or Save-As

mrfrancisleung
2011-06-21, 08:52 PM
I'm recently working on a file for the last couple days, didn't have problem before, but since this afternoon (about 2 hours ago), I cannot use either Q-Save (Ctrl+S) or Save-As.

Every time I use either functions, it display a message shown below:

Command: _qsave
Document "Z:\my documents\WorkStation\**********.dwg" has a command in progress.
Hit enter to cancel or [Retry]: *Cancel*

- OR -

Command: _saveas
Document "Z:\my documents\WorkStation\**********.dwg" has a command in progress.

I even tried to audit the file to see if there's any error, but it came up with the same message

Command: audit

Anyone have any solutions to solve this issue? I copy and paste the entire drawings to a blank sheet and save it for the time being. Thanks!

P.S. I replaced the file name with *****

rkmcswain
2011-06-21, 10:35 PM
Here are a couple of suggestions:
http://blog.121pcs.com/command-in-progress-hit-enter-to-cancel-or-retry.html

mrfrancisleung
2011-06-22, 12:06 AM
Here are a couple of suggestions:
http://blog.121pcs.com/command-in-progress-hit-enter-to-cancel-or-retry.html

In fact I tried to close it and when the pop up asked to save a changed drawing, I click YES and it works, but many thanks!! ^_^

btompkins
2011-09-01, 04:18 PM
The error message – “drawing_name.dwg" has a command in progress. Hit enter to cancel or [Retry]” has been around for a while, I get these errors in ACAD Mechanical 2011 whenever I spend more than a few hours working on drawings, a few of the so called "solutions" offered up around the internet including the table one and the 3d orbit one do not apply to me.

I just installed ACAD 2012 but have not worked in it enough to see if this bug was finally flushed out by the programmers.

For me, the best work around (no permanent solution exists that I know of) has been the .save (dot save) command, you don't have to close the drawing or ACAD and can continue working on the drawing, some commands will still give you the error.

For me .save is less disruptive than closing the drawing and reopening it.

Thanks
Bob T