PDA

View Full Version : Prefix in annotation template?

KrakowiAneczka
2011-06-29, 05:23 PM
Hello!
Is there a way to create annotatation template with prefix?
I have data base connected to drawing and values on their own in the drawing don't make much sense (next to object I have text "yes" and I would like to have text "Stays: yes").
I don't want to add text "Stays" in my data base.

I would appreciate any suggestions :)

Thanks!

Jmurphy
2011-06-30, 06:26 PM
Simple, two ways of doing it, one is just add the prefix in the block something like this;
http://map3d.wordpress.com/2008/09/16/good-looking-annotation-blocks/
or in the expression builder prefix your value with (strcat "Stays: " your expression here then close it with a closing ) The key to it is make sure you leave an extra space after the : and before the " and matching ( ) .

KrakowiAneczka
2011-07-01, 02:03 PM
Ah, yes...Thank you! :)

KrakowiAneczka
2011-07-12, 10:55 PM
The prefix definately worked but now it doesn't :(

My expression looks like this: (strcat "Line: " &"Line No"@Line No) and I've got error message: Link template specified in the expression is not defined in the drawing.

If my expression looks like this: &"Line No"@Line No it works fine and I've got my value in annotation.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Jmurphy
2011-07-14, 11:44 PM
The prefix definately worked but now it doesn't :(

My expression looks like this: (strcat "Line: " &"Line No"@Line No) and I've got error message: Link template specified in the expression is not defined in the drawing.

If my expression looks like this: &"Line No"@Line No it works fine and I've got my value in annotation.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Try
(strcat "Line: " &Line No@Line No)

Providing you are pulling the annonations from a database link temple.