PDA

View Full Version : Close a Read Only

mikesheehan
2005-01-12, 09:34 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if when you close out of a read only file there was no option to save - IT IS READ ONLY.

bbapties
2005-01-12, 09:58 PM
i agree - that is very fustrating!!

RobertB
2005-01-13, 04:28 PM
I don't understand the issue. If it is a problem, why don't you check the WriteStat system variable before you attempt a save?

msretenovic
2005-01-13, 06:42 PM
I don't understand the issue. If it is a problem, why don't you check the WriteStat system variable before you attempt a save?Robert, I think what they are trying to say is this:

When you have a drawing open as READ-ONLY and go to close it, it asks you if you want to save.

I think that what needs to happen is for there to be a system variable to control what they are asking for. Basically, allow someone to close a READ-ONLY drawing without being prompted to save when closing the READ-ONLY drawing.

Mike, is this what you mean?

ntaylor
2005-01-13, 09:33 PM
Robert, I think what they are trying to say is this:

When you have a drawing open as READ-ONLY and go to close it, it asks you if you want to save.

I think that what needs to happen is for there to be a system variable to control what they are asking for. Basically, allow someone to close a READ-ONLY drawing without being prompted to save when closing the READ-ONLY drawing.

Mike, is this what you mean? If that is the case the post should be in the general ACAD 2005 wishlist forum.
Regards - Nathan

RobertB
2005-01-14, 06:45 AM
Mike, is this what you mean?
If that is the case, the post didn't belong in the API wishlist; it should have been in the AutoCAD wishlist. And if that was true, I might want the chance to do a SaveAs. ;)

If it truely was an API question, it did not consider the existing API. :(