PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Surface from feature lines (Need more verticies)

Ben_T181598
2011-07-19, 08:06 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to add more verticies to multiple featurelines at once? I have more than 2000 featurelines that are set up as streamlines for a river bed. I need there to be a super tight triangulation between the lines.

Or is there a better way to do this in general?

Jeff_M
2011-07-20, 02:13 PM
Remove the Featureline breakline definitions from the surface. Add them back as breaklines, but set the Supplementing factors to be a closer distance and, if there are arcs involved, change the midordinate value to something quite small..... For parking lots and such I use 0.01-0.02, for streamlines this may be a bit too small, experiment with this setting.

Ben_T181598
2011-07-20, 03:46 PM
Thanks Jeff.

Yes this does create more spots that C3d will connect to, but, I ultimately need to export these lines into GIS. The purpose to densify the lines is to create fidelity between the surface produced in c3d and the surface that will ultimately be created in GIS since GIS does not recognize breaklines the same way c3d does.

The final surface will incorperate this terestrial channel survey cut into lidar, then tied into two diferent bathymetric surveys (one sigle beam-delta, one multibeam-ocean).