PDA

View Full Version : Nudge doesn't Nudge right when used within a Rotated View on a Sheet...

hand471037
2005-01-13, 01:16 AM
OK, so if you have a view that's set to have a 90 degree rotation, when placed upon a Sheet and made active, the Nudge command fails in that it tries to Nudge the selected item within that view in the orientation that the view originally had, not the one that's visible on the sheet.

In other words, you press up, and the item goes to the right.

So, to get around this, if the view has been set to rotate 90 clockwise, then think of the arrow keys as rotated 90 clockwise too, and then they will behave as intended. Or simply click and drag the item, or use the move command, for the items will orient correctly with the mouse. Strange little bug, this.

beegee
2005-01-13, 01:21 AM
I'm not sure that's a bug.

I think that is the intended behaviour, in that the nudge respects the orientation of the model, not the sheet view.

irwin
2005-01-13, 04:32 AM
I'm not sure that's a bug.

I think that is the intended behaviour, in that the nudge respects the orientation of the model, not the sheet view.
Not quite. While nudge does have to satisfy certain model constraints, nudge right is intended to move objects generally towards the right as seen on the screen -- at least, more so than any of the other 3 arrow keys. I think the behavior described by Jeffrey is not as intended.

beegee
2005-01-13, 07:55 AM
Irwin,

If you say its a bug, I'm not arguing.