PDA

View Full Version : Panel Footprint Catalog Update From Schematic Problems

coleman.bode796944
2011-08-03, 09:30 PM
My company is just starting to use ACADE 2011. For my first project I drafted my schematic drawings, first leaving all symbols without catalog information (because it was yet to be determined). Second I extracted all my panel footprints from my schematic drawings. When I would add catalog assignments individually the corresponding panel footprint would also update. However, if I added catalog information to multiple symbols at the same time (say an entire terminal block) none of my panel footprints would update their catalog information. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

coleman.bode796944
2011-08-08, 09:19 PM
this process should in a perfect world work right?

RenataP
2011-08-11, 07:31 PM
For extracting panel footprints from schematic drawings without catalog information is hard as some footprints are determined by the part number. For instants a sola power supply for a 20 amp, SDN 10-24-100C is a different size from a 10amp, SDN 10-24-480.
Yet technically if you were to add the part number to schematic drawings your footprints would look for a related symbol. The above part numbers are not in the "out of the box" AutoCAD Electrical panel symbols. these were created as a box command. If you would like to learn more about this let me know and I could put together a step-by-step document.
One thing to remember with terminals is that they are unique. My suggestion is to leave the terminals blank in the schematic drawings. In the end use the Terminal Strip Editor to add the correct part numbers using the catalog code assignment tab, see attached jpeg.
Renata