PDA

View Full Version : Where did my windows menus go?

ddmiller1951
2011-08-08, 11:27 PM
I am running MD 2004 on Win XP. On seveal occations I have tried to "stepin" a file only to have my program crash. When I reopen the program and try to stepin again, I no longer have windows browsers to look for the file name. It is like being back in the DOS world again. I am guessing that I have some setting screwed up and I need to know what to change to get back to normal operation. This has happened several times in the past and I have had to reinstall the program to get it working correctly again. Any ideas?

bcgatti
2011-08-09, 03:26 PM
Type in FILEDIA and set it to 1

You also might want to check the CMDDIA setting as well. It should be set to 1 as well.

ddmiller1951
2011-08-10, 03:42 AM
Perfect. Both were set to 0. Any idea why this happens when Acad crashes with a stepin? Thanks so much for your help. You have moved way up on my top heros status.

dylansmith088144318
2011-12-30, 11:22 AM
You made the windows menu disappear after installing a software? Well in that case you can either delete the windows and re-install it or try re-installing the manufacturing (http://www.ama.edu.au/) software again. If the windows menu reappears then congratulations you have found your problem!!