PDA

View Full Version : ASD 2012 osnap

jeremyg208906
2011-10-12, 03:45 PM
I'm not sure if this has been asked/addressed yet, but has anyone else had a problem with ASD 2012 not retaining the osnap settings?

Each time I load AutoCAD, it resets the osnap to what I am assuming is the ASD default.
Example--it turns nearest and perpendicular on, and turns off center and node.

It's a minor annoyance, but it would be nice for the program to save my settings upon exit. Any ideas?

lucis29
2011-10-22, 02:43 PM
Do you save the drawing before exiting?

jeremyg208906
2011-10-24, 02:08 PM
Yes, out of habit I manually save my drawing every 5 minutes or so, and always save before exiting the drawing.

The issue is, regardless of how I set my osnap settings, regardless of if I save anything or not, every time I load ASD 2012, the osnap settings have reverted to what they are on the initial first run after installation.

tedg
2011-10-24, 02:15 PM
Yes, out of habit I manually save my drawing every 5 minutes or so, and always save before exiting the drawing.

The issue is, regardless of how I set my osnap settings, regardless of if I save anything or not, every time I load ASD 2012, the osnap settings have reverted to what they are on the initial first run after installation.
I don't know why your program would be doing this, or if it's a bug, or if you have a program running in the background re-setting the osnaps.

Have you looked into creating an acaddoc.lsp to set your all your favorite variables (including osmode) when opening any drawing file?