PDA

View Full Version : add a drop down box of available circuits in the selected panel.

Wish List System
2011-10-19, 02:20 PM
Summary: let me pick the circuit number, not just the panel. add a drop down box of available circuits in the selected panel. (ie, pick your panel from the drop down box, pick your circuitfrom the drop down box) default to next available circuit.

Description: Revit currently selects the next available circuit, which isn't how most engineers design systems. We need the option to pick the circuit as we are powering the devices. We shouldn't have to power a circuit, then go to the panel and move it. Workaround, I can add spares to one side of the panel so Revit is forced to only use the other side until I am ready to switch sides. This will result in "Panel A-1,3,5" instead of "Panel A-1,2,3".

Product & Feature: Revit MEP

Submitted: Wed, 19 Oct 2011

DNRodriguez
2011-10-19, 05:40 PM
I've had to use and explain to others the workaround which you've just mentioned. Great post! I agree.

Wish List System
2012-03-29, 02:11 PM
add a drop down box of available circuits in the selected panel.

Summary: let me pick the circuit number, not just the panel. add a drop down box of available circuits in the selected panel. (ie, pick your panel from the drop down box, pick your circuitfrom the drop down box) default to next available circuit.

Description: Revit currently selects the next available circuit, which isn't how most engineers design systems. We need the option to pick the circuit as we are powering the devices. We shouldn't have to power a circuit, then go to the panel and move it. Workaround, I can add spares to one side of the panel so Revit is forced to only use the other side until I am ready to switch sides. This will result in "Panel A-1,3,5" instead of "Panel A-1,2,3".

Product and Feature: Revit MEP - MEP Electrical Circuits - (Electrical)

Submitted By: Mitchell Voss on Thu, 29 Mar 2012

Wish List System
2017-01-09, 07:29 PM
add a drop down box of available circuits in the selected panel.

Summary: let me pick the circuit number, not just the panel. add a drop down box of available circuits in the selected panel. (ie, pick your panel from the drop down box, pick your circuit from the drop down box) default to next available circuit.

Product and Feature: Revit MEP - MEP Electrical Circuits - (Electrical)

Submitted By: mitchellvoss on 10/19/2011