PDA

View Full Version : HP Laserjet 11300 Compatibility Problems

greg.hayne
2005-01-19, 12:08 AM
I have an HP Laserjet 1300 connected on our system and AutoCad LT 2000 won't print to it. It prints without objection to anything else, including an HP ColorLaserJet 4500. When attempting to print I get an error message; "Printing has been disabled due to driver incompatibilities. Are you completely sure this is a HP device?" All you can do at this point it click the "OK" button and it takes you to an HPPreview screen where it places the drawing, but then prints a blank piece of paper.

I have seen this problem reported other places previously. One source suggested reinstalling drivers for the printer after installing ACAD (I've done that and the reverse and it makes no difference). I've updated ACADLT2000 with the latest plotter update off the ACAD website. I can work around this by printing the file in PDF format to a file and then printing the PDF and this works fine, but it is a hassle and extra steps. I've also fiddled with other HP drivers and that didn't help either.

Can anybody help?

Mike.Perry
2005-01-19, 12:56 AM
Hi

Have you tried configuring the output device using an AutoCAD Heidi Driver?

Within "Add-A-Plotter Wizard" dialog box, the Model reference you give above does not appear in the "Models" list when Hewlett-Packard is chosen from the "Manufactures" list, but for the moment don't let that put you off....

For example, at work we have our HP 5000N set-up using the Hewlett-Packard Heidi Driver -> Model -> LaserJet 4MV

We found simply by experimenting with different "Models" we could get the results we required.

+

The following thread contains some information (links) that I think might be of some use -

HP psc 1210 printer (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=6835)

Have a good one, Mike

greg.hayne
2005-01-19, 02:31 AM
hi mike, that worked. i also, now, remember reading somewhere that HP printers are compatible with older drivers. so i set it up as a laserjet series 5 and it printed right away! thanks!