PDA

View Full Version : Big intersection

mancarga918744
2011-11-16, 11:42 AM
Hi,
I'm interesting in some tutorial for to create intersection between two roadway, with deceleration and acceleration road.
Somebody know any?

Thank

jpaulsen
2011-11-17, 01:55 PM
Did you try the Autodesk tutorials?

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2012/ENU/filesCTU/GUID-B6CF98F9-FF6F-4FF5-8022-60EB21A611A-0.htm

mancarga918744
2011-11-19, 03:19 PM
thank you Jeff,
I know and I saw those tutorials, but my problem is that I don't know how to make one deceleration or aceleration lane between two road separated same picture attach. Tutorials learn how to build one intersection with alignments at the same level. I need to create independents alignements like de a big intersection.

tranks.

mjfarrell
2011-11-20, 03:28 AM
You have two options;
One send me a copy of your base file and I will difine the alignments for your proposed roadway geometry for you. Or, you will need to define the alignments for your proposed geometry.
There are a coule of key 'tricks' that you will need to employ in making this interchange to interchange design work.
For your accel-decel lanes, you will want to use either a superimposed version of the main raods centerline, and or edge of pavemeent profile, within the accel-decel lane alignments profile view, this will allow you to create the vertical design such that they match at the desired levels.
Or you can create a temporary portion of the corridor surface and include that in the profile view so that your tie-in points are visible within the profile. (Profile >>create Surface Profile>>select the corridor>Click ADD; when you click OK the surface will appear in the existing profile view(s) )