PDA

View Full Version : Creating A PE Number Family

Jeversole
2011-11-18, 02:31 PM
Im rather new to revit and at the moment im trying to create a title block for my company. In AutoCAD we used a dynamic block which contained all of our Engineer's PE numbers within the TitleBlock So that we could swap them out per the different states we were working in. is there a way to do something similar with Revit title blocks?

tmad101185
2011-11-29, 06:00 PM
I believe how we have our title block setup is that we have each PE seal for different states and such, as well as a digital signature all on the title block. Then there is an option you can setup to where you can use a check box in your project to check which one you want shown. I can get more into detail when I have time to get into revit and refresh my memory as to how it was done exactly.

Jeversole
2011-11-29, 06:35 PM
I believe how we have our title block setup is that we have each PE seal for different states and such, as well as a digital signature all on the title block. Then there is an option you can setup to where you can use a check box in your project to check which one you want shown. I can get more into detail when I have time to get into revit and refresh my memory as to how it was done exactly.

This sounds fantastic. Exactly what im looking for. though since we are using the architects title blocks usually Id have to turn it onto a family but still please let me know how this was done and thank you very much

tmad101185
2011-11-29, 06:56 PM
Not sure what Revit version you use, but I have Revit Structure 2012.

What we did was:

insert a dwg of each of the seals & signatures into our title block .rfa
Then if you select one of the seals on your title block and look in the properties there is a "visible" check box that is greyed out. If you click the little box to the right of that it opens a window for family parameters. There you can "add parameter" and name it something to relate to each seal or signature. Ours are simply called "stamp - engineer name and state". You have to then select each seal and pick, in that box where you created the paramaters, which one you want associated with that seal. Then when you insert this into a project, you should be able to select the title block and go to "edit type". There is where all of the check boxes for each stamp is located.

You may be able to do the same way except with using shared parameters so you can easily add to others title blocks, this I have never tried.

Hope that helps, if you have any questions feel free to ask