PDA

View Full Version : Tin Not turning off

Aquaserpent
2011-11-23, 03:44 PM
I have an xref Survey drawing that I have associated the surface to the project drawing. The problem is that the tin model is not shown in the original survey and I cannot get it to turn on in the original survey. But the tin is visible in the design drawing in which the survey is xrefenced, I have looked at the display options for the surface and have turned it to no display, and have turned all layers that seem to reference tins or contours to no avail, any suggestions?

mjfarrell
2011-11-24, 07:38 AM
Please send me the file with the invisible survey surface in it.
I suspect there are issues with your object layers, and your file that references the survey's layers.
OR you have given it a NO Display style...accidentally, is your view style set to 2d wireframe?

Otherwise, export the surface via XML, and throw that file away.
Start a new file, import the surface, and move forward

jpaulsen
2011-11-28, 02:50 PM
Is the problem that the surface does not show in the surface drawing?
Or is is that you can't turn it off in the design drawing?

mjfarrell
2011-11-28, 03:30 PM
Is the problem that the surface does not show in the surface drawing?
Or is is that you can't turn it off in the design drawing?

If I read his post correctly the answer to your first questions is yes.
The answer to the second is, NO.

The problem is that the tin model is not shown in the original survey and I cannot get it to turn on in the original survey.

I think something as simple as Exporting the Surface using XML and RE_Importing it should resolve the display issue.

Either that or they have somehow enabled Front and or Back Clipping planes and have chopped the surface off in visible space somewhere.