PDA

View Full Version : amg3dim.arx cannot find a dll or other file that it needs.

Phil Gravel
2011-12-06, 12:59 PM
This error message keeps on popping. It seems to be dynamic block related since it happens on file open (we have block definitions in our templates) and on block insertion (I've seen it pop about twenty times on a single block :shock:).

Anyone has a fix? Or knows what this arx does? Anyway, it doesn't seem to be that essential since all seems to be working fine... We have Mech 2012 installed.

Thanks

Phil Gravel
2012-09-20, 11:58 AM
I've (finally) figured out what it is in our case:

We used to work with Mechanical and created a whole series of blocks for our data banks. We are now using Vanilla profiles and that's where the problem sits. ACADMPP profile comes with AM-ANSI dimstyle, that comes in turn with the GENAXEH" block. This leaves it in all block definitions created with ACDMPP wether you've used it or not, as the default dimstyle is AM_ANSI.

For some reason or another (I can't figure the whole thing), this block/dimstyle cannot be modified or purged in Vanilla profile and generates the error message when trying to insert (or refresh?) the block in a drawing. :banghead:

To make things more unpleasant, it very hard to get rid of:
1) a) Open a session in ACADMPP profile, go to Dim Style Manager, select AM_ANSI$SH and modify "Closed Filled" arrowhead to anything else.
b) Change current dimstyle to something else than AM_ANSI (preferably your favored dimstyle).
c) Purge Blocks and Dimstyles (preferably GENAXEH and AM_ANSI if available)
d) Save/Quit

2) a) Open a session in VANILLA profile.
b) Purge Blocks and Dimstyles again (????)
c) Save/Close

VOILĂ€ !!!!!!!!!!! This rids the blocks of offending entity and stops the error message from popping, in all profiles! :mrgreen::beer:

These steps are ALL necessary, otherwise you can't get rid of the dimstyle in the end. I don't know how this applies to anyone else on this planet, but I figured I'd post it if ever someone has the same issue.

Cheers!

Phil Gravel