PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Move Blocks to Surface

WScottAllenPE
2012-01-12, 04:44 PM
I've been using the "Move Blocks to Surface" feature a lot recently. However, I just noticed that the list of blocks that one drawing is showing me is not a complete list.

There are blocks missing from the list that are in the drawing. These blocks' names show up in another drawing, but not in this one. And yes, the blocks are actually in the drawing, and they have been projected to my section views, just at 0 elevation.

Any thoughts on this problem?

mjfarrell
2012-01-12, 06:46 PM
the blocks were defined with bad elevations

the blocks were not project to the sections correctly (there options as to using Surface in section elevation or the block object)

The drawing has not been saved after the blocks were inserted.

I would welcome the chance to examine the file to offer a more reasoned answer to the issue.

WScottAllenPE
2012-01-12, 06:56 PM
MJ,

Thanks for the comments. But I don't think if any apply.

1.) This is the same block that I've used in a number of drawings, and have moved to surface and have projected to section views before.

2.) As far as projecting to the surface elevation instead of using the object, unfortunately some of the blocks are beyond the surface boundary, and I had to set the elevations manually. So I have to use the object elevations. That is why I want to move the block to the surface. Then I go back and manually adjust the 0 elevations.

3.) The drawing was saved, as I closed it and restarted AutoCAD as the first attempt to correct the problem.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion and offer to fix. I ended up drawing a 3D polyline between the insertion points of the blocks, projected to line to the surface, and grip moved the blocks to the line's endpoints. It worked, but was more work than if the move blocks command worked.

Thanks anyway.

mjfarrell
2012-01-12, 10:21 PM
I'd still like to see the data at some point... to satisfy my curiosity.

WScottAllenPE
2012-01-13, 07:51 PM
MJ,

I just noticed something. I think that those blocks that don't show up are dynamic blocks. Does that make since?

mjfarrell
2012-01-13, 10:48 PM
That could have some impact...