PDA

View Full Version : Civil 3D crashs

tmiller982027
2012-01-23, 04:40 PM
Hey All, I'm using Civil 3D 2007 and have been since its release. Awhile ago it started taking about 10 minutes to load and I hadn't even opened a drawing yet. Now its just gets realy slow and will lock-up at no perticular command. It won't even let me use the taskmanager to get out of drawing. I'm using a Dell 390 work station, harddrive is only about 1/4 full, have 2 G's of ram. I can't figure out why its running so slow and had gotten progressively worst. Any ideas

rkmcswain
2012-01-23, 05:09 PM
Well, my gut reaction is "Civil 3D 2007? Really?".... but according to your information, you have been running it a while... then something else has changed.

The first thing I would check is the status of the %temp% directory. Verify what location C3D/AutoCAD is using for temp (Options, Files, Temporary Drawing File Location), then browse to this location using Windows Explorer and check the number of files/folders present. Clean this out if needed. I have seen this location get thousands of files and it does have some effect on C3D/AutoCAD performance.

Anything else changed recently with your system, the network, or anything else? Installed anything lately? Have you tried restoring a system restore point?

tmiller982027
2012-01-23, 06:28 PM
LOL, I have 2010 but not a machine to run it on yet!