PDA

View Full Version : Same workshared model in Revit Architectural and Revit MEP?

invisible_guy
2012-02-10, 09:12 PM
Our company has a small residential add-on project we've been building in Revit Architecture 2012. Is it necessary to create another MEP project when moving into MEP? Its just two of us guys working on it, so we're not worried about anyone crossing disciplines. Can't we just open our model in Revit MEP and continue working? On previous jobs, which were much larger, its obvious that you need to seperate out the models when working with architects, mep firms and structural firms; but is it really necessary in this situation? I've already tested this out and everything seems to be fine with no compatibility issues.

By the way, everyone is using Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2012. Thanks for any info on this.

bbeck
2012-02-10, 09:25 PM
Small in-house project, I see no problems with taking the model right into Revit MEP.

invisible_guy
2012-02-10, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the input, Brian. I was just concerned because I've never actually done it and it seemed strange. As long as there isn't some fundamental reason why I can't go back and forth between the two programs, I'll probably omit an independent MEP model.