PDA

View Full Version : Civil Survey Topos not showing up

souths877506
2012-02-27, 07:09 PM
I hope i'm in the right area here. I really need to resolve this problem. I'm using AutoCAD Map 3d 2011 and I'm trying to xref a civil survey drawing into my drawing in Map. The problem is if I block it up or xref it the topo lines all disappear except for one small line. It's driving me bananas as I need those topos on the drawing. Please can anyone remember this sort of thing happening and what would be the fix.

Thanks so much for any replies,

Jake

mjfarrell
2012-02-27, 08:17 PM
I hope i'm in the right area here. I really need to resolve this problem. I'm using AutoCAD Map 3d 2011 and I'm trying to xref a civil survey drawing into my drawing in Map. The problem is if I block it up or xref it the topo lines all disappear except for one small line. It's driving me bananas as I need those topos on the drawing. Please can anyone remember this sort of thing happening and what would be the fix.

Thanks so much for any replies,

Jake

Jake, a few things come to mind

1) Do you have the Civil 3D object enablers installed http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15131158&linkID=9240858

2) Do you have all layers from the XREF ON, and Thawed?

3) Do you accidentally have a front or baack clipping plane turned on?

4) Are you in a 2d or 3d wire frame view style?

souths877506
2012-02-27, 09:56 PM
Mike,
Thanks for the tip on the Object Enablers. I hope that it does the trick. I don't have a layer issue or any of the other possibles so hopefully this does it.
Thanks bud!