PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Surface Cut/Fill Balance with defined few tie in levels

Maritana
2012-03-26, 04:49 PM
Hi,

I am currently working on producing a flat compound with an access road tying into proposed main road. I have created main road corridor and the surface. So now I am moving on to the compound design. The main requirements for this compound are to be completely flat and to tie in to proposed main access road I created earlier. Also, the compound levels should get the cut/fill balance with the factor 1.3 cut to fill.

I am aware how to use the auto cut/fill balance tool however I don't know how to define the tie in levels to be set and not changed when the levels get adjusted to get the balance.

Also, I am not sure how to get the factor 1.3 cut to fill, however that could be another question. And I think I've seen the answer somewhere already.

I would appreciate a lot any of your help. I am running out of time :roll:

mjfarrell
2012-03-27, 03:51 AM
The 1.3 ratio is a factor you can apply to A) Volume Surface or B) a typical Volume Calculation.
Two Groups for your gradings and two sites for your feature lines should allow for one set of 'fixed' gradings at the tie in linked to a set of movable gradings in a second group/site that you can adjust for ballance.

I would start by extending a grading from a feature line created from and linked to your corridor.
This will help set your tie in slope.
Then I might use a small buffer around the entire site to do the design, and check for/adjust match slopes after I had developed a scheme that met the criteria (Flat, and 1.3 cut/fill balance)

If I had your data, I would take a run at it, to get you started.

Maritana
2012-03-27, 10:15 AM
Thank you very much mjfarrell. Sounds easy but as I am just a begginer I think I will take it slowely. He he.

I would appriciate a lot if you could explain where can I change the ratio 1.3 cut to fill.:Oops:

Thanks for your support. :p

mjfarrell
2012-03-27, 03:07 PM
two places
A) Volume surface
B) Volumes from the analyze panel

Maritana
2012-03-28, 01:56 PM
;)Than you very much for your help!

Have a lovely day!