PDA

View Full Version : Loading a model on a FTP Site

j.mcallister234502
2012-03-29, 06:23 PM
I am working with Revit MEP 2012, when I try to load a model onto a FTP site the model size reduces from 53000KB to 23000KB and the architect cant open the model. I thought it was due to limited space on the FTP site but it did this on multiple sites.
I think there is somthing in the model that isn't transfering to the ftp site because everyone elses models work fine.
Anybody have any ideas or suggestions on how to correct this problem?

j_follett_88
2012-03-30, 03:16 PM
Ok, we'll first off fro, what I know about CAD is that if you don't Package all the files necessarily you will be having errors. Similar to xrefs. I believe most software has a packaging scheme. The other issue is that you are maxing out the quota that the FTP site allows before it stops loading anymore data per transfer issue. another could be a network disconnect/time out during the upload.

Wanderer
2012-03-30, 05:48 PM
I am working with Revit MEP 2012, when I try to load a model onto a FTP site the model size reduces from 53000KB to 23000KB and the architect cant open the model. I thought it was due to limited space on the FTP site but it did this on multiple sites.
I think there is somthing in the model that isn't transfering to the ftp site because everyone elses models work fine.
Anybody have any ideas or suggestions on how to correct this problem?

My assumption would have been a timeout problem as well.

You say you've uploaded to multiple websites, have you done that all from the same computer? Perhaps if you can try the operation from someplace else it could be indicative of a pipeline problem rather than a problem with the model itself.