PDA

View Full Version : %A Section code in title block

2003goldwing
2012-04-25, 09:26 AM
I want to display the section code in a title block after it has been entered when creating a new page. Would also like to display in the drawing list report.

tedg
2012-04-25, 02:00 PM
You may need to provide more of an explanation of what you want to acheive to get a proper answer.
(I'm not sure I understand what you want to do)

Welcome to AUGI!

:beer:

2003goldwing
2012-04-25, 02:26 PM
You may need to provide more of an explanation of what you want to acheive to get a proper answer.
(I'm not sure I understand what you want to do)

Welcome to AUGI!

:beer:
Ted,
I am new at using a forum so I will do my best to explain. Our customer requires that we identify each sheet with a "section" number in the title block as set forth by them, typically A1, A2, B1, B2, etc. I know when a new drawing is created in AutoCAD Electrical there is a spot to enter a section descriptor under Sheet Values. In this area is where I enter the sheet#, Drawing, Section, and Sub-Section. (The only entry that I see displayed in the title block is the Sheet#. Where does this other information appear?). I need this to appear in the title block when the new drawing is generated from this dialog box but don't know if this can be mapped in the wdt text file like the rest of the attributes or some other way. And if so, what text do I enter in that attribute. I have cross referencing and wire numbering setup to reflect the sections by adding %A to these formats in the project properties.

Thanks for your help
Jeff

tedg
2012-04-25, 02:44 PM
Hello again Jeff,
Thanks for the info, that should help.
I am not familier with AutoCAD Electrical, so I'm not the best equipped to answer, but others may be able to help.

How do you create your new sheets? You mentioned a dialog.
Is this in sheet set manager?

Have you looked into fields?

Just some thoughts.

kevintaurus
2012-04-27, 07:15 PM
I want to display the section code in a title block after it has been entered when creating a new page. Would also like to display in the drawing list report.

Jeff,

What you need to do is set up your titleblock to include this where you want it. If you go to the user's guide and look up the setting up title block utility which starts on page 1208 or there about. It will explain better than I can the process. It is easy to do but there are a series of steps that need to be followed. I don't want to mess up the syntax. I just know that the process your seeking is connected through the mapping of info in the properties to the titleblock. Or descriptions for a project. If the cell on the properties has not been mapped in the titleblock utility it won't know where to put the info.

Hope this gets you on the right track.

Kevin