PDA

View Full Version : Trying to create a terraced surface

Dan Johnson
2012-05-24, 06:07 AM
Hey everyone!
This is my first post here so please excuse me as I'll try to say/explain everything clearly.

My problem is that i have to create a volume report for a slide area on an existing road where a stretch of shoulder fell down the embankment. The soil engineers said the road will have to be terraced from the Edge of Asphalt down the embankment. I have dimensions of 2.5'H by 2'V for the terrace and it will have to go pretty far down the embankment.

What is the easiest way to remove this area from my surface? I've tried using Breaklines but i end up getting jagged peaks everywhere rather than smooth level surface plans like i intended. I've tried using Feature lines but i still get jagged little peaks on my terraces. Am i missing something obvious? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also im running 2012 Civil 3D :)

Dan

mjfarrell
2012-05-24, 04:02 PM
Make a copy of the surface...

then delete points from the copy of the surface in that area of interest, where the new terracing will be pasted in or added from your gradings.

Dan Johnson
2012-05-24, 05:32 PM
Michael-

So am I getting the "sharp peaks" from surface points that are pulling the TIN to it? Then if merely delete all the points in the area I want to work I should be able to create (or use) my terraced breaklines?

Thanks so much for your response!