PDA

View Full Version : Loading Profile every time

Darren Allen
2012-06-05, 10:49 AM
AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 will not auto load my profile when I start the program. I have to manually load it from the Options panal. Is there something I need to change in order to acheive this? Please advise, Thank you.

ccowgill
2012-06-05, 11:21 AM
Is there an existing profile /p switch in the shortcut icon you are using?

Darren Allen
2012-06-05, 05:18 PM
Is there an existing profile /p switch in the shortcut icon you are using?

Please direct me how to? Thanks

Ed Jobe
2012-06-05, 06:18 PM
Right click on the shortcut and examine the "target" field. If it isn't using the /p switch you can add it. e.g. here's mine from MEP. Ignore the /ld switch. It loads arx's.
"C:\Program Files\AutoCAD MEP 2010\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD MEP 2010\AecBase.dbx" /p "AutoCAD MEP (Global)"

Another problem could be either you don't have a workspace selected or your workspace options don't allow changes to be saved to the workspace.

Darren Allen
2012-06-05, 11:31 PM
Right click on the shortcut and examine the "target" field. If it isn't using the /p switch you can add it. e.g. here's mine from MEP. Ignore the /ld switch. It loads arx's.
"C:\Program Files\AutoCAD MEP 2010\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD MEP 2010\AecBase.dbx" /p "AutoCAD MEP (Global)"

Another problem could be either you don't have a workspace selected or your workspace options don't allow changes to be saved to the workspace.

I did this, didn't work. However, all I added was the /p after the \acad.exe" with a space between (\acad.exe" /p). Is that what you were refering to? Next question is: does ACADM support ACAD profiles?

Also I continue to get this Alert message: see image

Every time I close the program I get the following message:

Ed Jobe
2012-06-06, 02:33 PM
After the /p, you have to add the name of the profile to load. Also, check your workspace settings like I mentioned. They work together to create your working environment. You really shouldn't have to use the /p switch because acad will open with the last used profile. The /p switch is intended to be used when you are making changes and you want to load a saved profile to get you back to a "clean slate".

Yes, if mech is based off acad, then it supports profiles. Just go to Options>Profiles tab.

As to the other errors, they are unrelated to this issue. Have you made other configuration changes while trying to get profiles the way you want?