PDA

View Full Version : Utilizing the correct sub-assembly - Ditch Design

Ryan-13
2012-06-07, 01:08 AM
In the attached sketch I have shown what I am trying to achieve in a design senario that I need to contain water withing the Right-of-Way. As you will see in red I would like to create a berm to contain water within the ditch. In the job and model that I have been lucky enough to inherit from another user the only daylighting sub-assembly that has been used is "daylight general". All I would like to achieve is to get the sub-assembly to cross the surface line so that I can create the berm. I have tried adjusting all parameters for the "daylight general" sub-assembly and I cannot get it to work. I am looking for any advice I can get, I realize this may not be the correct sub-assembly to be using in this situation. If the "daylight multiple intercept" sub-assembly had more options than one slope in cut or fill situation it would be perfect. So any advice on a better choice of sub-assembly or combination of sub-assemblies would be greatly appreciated. I have attempted to create a berm using the generic sub-assemblies, but I cannot get it to work within the corridor section editor, there is something off with the coding. I aslo see that this does not work when I re-build the corridor and the feature lines for the berm do no connect with the rest of the model. In my opinion the fact that a sub-assembly cannot cross a surface line is rediculous. As I mentioned any advice would be very helpful.