PDA

View Full Version : Surface Not Showing in Drawing, Shows in Other Drawings

estaec
2012-06-22, 10:47 PM
First post!

I have a surface I created from a USGS .adf file, imported to metric as LL83, exported to LandXML, imported into my drawing, but the surface does not appear anywhere. Did a zoom extents, nothing. The file is from another company, which I think is the problem. The surface shows up in the Prospector tab, just does not appear in the drawing (yes, the surface style is set to show contours).

I opened a new drawing, it imports fine at the correct scale in the correct location, etc. Exploded the contours, pasted into the original drawing with the data my company needs, and created a surface from this. Again, shows in Prospector but cannot select it, see it, anything. Cannot label the surface appropriately, very frustrating.

Has anyone else come across this? I tried going through every Toolspace setting to see something that is set to be invisible. The surface style is set to display contours, no layers are hidden.

I'm thinking there is some variable that is keeping the surface from showing that I cannot find online. I can copy and paste in a new drawing and the surface generates fine.

Thanks for any help!

tntdraftsol
2012-07-06, 02:07 PM
You might try checking to see if your level of detail is turned on. Under the View tab on the View panel, lower right-hand corner of the panel. turn it off and see if the surface comes back.

kiwigraham
2013-08-26, 10:23 PM
Very useful tip this one. I didn't know it existed and it's just saved my bacon.

Thanks

ira.crain510881
2014-01-17, 05:44 PM
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! This had been vexing me for a few days, finally google'd it and you saved my bacon. Gracias!

cadtag
2014-01-27, 01:03 PM
It seems that with a really large/complex surface the Level of Detail keeps turning itself on, especially during a Publish. Who on earth in Manchester thought that LoD applying to plotting/publishing was a good idea (tm) ?