PDA

View Full Version : Shrink wrap a surface?

JammyJamGirl
2012-07-09, 09:58 PM
I'm working in Civil 3D 2012 (and I'm fairly new to AutoCAD...) Is there a shrink wrap command? I've created a surface and one edge/boundary is looking kinda funky...
Thanks!

JammyJamGirl
2012-07-11, 05:01 PM
Hummmm... Being a newbie I guess I don't speak CAD pretty..??? Anywho, I figured it out. After I changed the surface style to EG Tin (instead of the contours that I had before) Click the Surface tab- then edit Surface - then delete Line - then just click the TIN lines you want eliminated from the surface! Now the edge that was looking funky has be forced to the points I want them to go to! Pretty basic drafting and design question I know BUT I thought I'd get a quick response from AUGI users...

Jeff_M
2012-07-11, 05:15 PM
.... BUT I thought I'd get a quick response from AUGI users...These boards seem to have fairly slow response times. For quicker responses you may want to try the Autodesk C3D forum (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/bd-p/66) There are other methods to accomplish what you wanted. Set the Maximum triangle length in the Surface build options often solves the errant TIN lines. You could draw a rough polyline for the boundary, then add it to the surface as a boundary.