PDA

View Full Version : Contour labels have vanished.

moseeng
2012-07-11, 05:54 PM
Been pulling my hair out all day about this one. Created an existing surface and added contour labels using contour-multiple and single. Got all the settings set the way I wanted and it looked good. Fast forward a few months and I had to revise the drawing (well, actually it's a revision of a revision and I didn't notice that labels were gone until starting the second revision). Some how now, all those labels have vanished from the drawing. If i try to create new contour labels on that particular surface, only the contour label line shows up and none of the contours are labeled. Oddly, if I use a different surface I can still create labels on it and all the styles work fine. Settings shows that I'm using my existing contour styles as well, but none of them are showing up. I'm using the same styles in both drawing and even updated styles in the after drawing with the old drawing's styles and nothing. Well, I know I didn't intentionally do this (and I'm the only one working on it), but is there something I might have accidentally done? I suppose I could go back and recreate the surface and try again, but that seems pretty idiotic. Plus all my profiles are tied to that surface. I guess I could <no display> that surface create a new one, but one shouldn't have to do that! Thanks in advance for any assistance!
86269 86268

Jeff_M
2012-07-11, 06:48 PM
Are the labels on a layer set to be off or frozen?

moseeng
2012-07-11, 07:13 PM
Sigh, man I feel stupid for even posting. The layer was turned off. I wonder why they would show up on another surface when I had the same style?

moseeng
2012-07-11, 07:32 PM
though it's still acting odd, or maybe I just don't understand something. The layer that was off was C-TOPO-SURF-BNDY, but the contour label line is on layer C-TOPO-SURF-MJR. I checked the Contour Label Styles that I'm using and the layer mentioned there is C-TOPO-MAJR. I don't see *-BNDY anywhere. What am I missing here? This layer seems to have nothing to do with the style or object's layer.

Opie
2012-07-31, 04:43 PM
I'll see if I can understand your problem to see what would cause this problem.

The layer that was off was C-TOPO-SURF-BNDY. Are any of the surface labels assigned to that layer? You can do a QSELECT to select the Surface Contour Label Group. Depending on how you originally annotated the surface, this name may be slightly different. Once selected, you would check this by looking in the Properties palette under the General section for Layer. Does that help with this problem?

Let us move on to the surface label style. Within this style under the General tab, there is a Label section that specifies a Layer. Is this where the C-TOPO-MAJR layer is specified? If not, is this the one that was turned off?

Another problem could be the surface has been modified to where the original contours are not currently in the same horizontal location they once were. Could that be the problem?