PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Creat points on polyline vertices (automatic)

Anthony_W_Kroner
2012-07-26, 04:06 PM
Trying to learn C3D in a few weeks. Have existing land desktop drawings. When I imported them into C3D I noticed they didn't have any points, groups etc.

We are in the process of confirming the reliability of C3D vs Land Desktop. So we are using a previous drawing, trying to replecate the same data expressed using DTop.

I don't have any points to create surfaces from. I have contours. I have previously used the mentioned process. Yesterday that process quit working. I can get one (1) pt on the next polyline, but then it just keeps asking to select a polyline object, label, but doesn't display on polyline.

What happened. I have input close to 3K points using this method.

Thanks

Tony

rkmcswain
2012-07-26, 04:57 PM
You say you have the contours, are they from an existing surface in LDT?
If so, you can directly import the surface (and other things such as description keys, alignments, parcels, pipe runs, etc.)

Ribbon>Insert->Import>Land Desktop
-or-
type in command: _AeccImportLDTData

Anthony_W_Kroner
2012-07-26, 05:17 PM
I have the .mdb files for points associated with this file, but they don't seem to have any data with them that will convert to C3d.

rkmcswain
2012-07-26, 06:57 PM
So you do not have the "LDT Project"?
(The heirarcy of files containing the sub-directories "align, cogo, cr, dtm, er, hd, lots, zz", etc.)?

Here is a similar query with some other suggestions too:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Creating-a-surface-from-contours-created-in-Land-Desktop/td-p/2877168