PDA

View Full Version : 2012 How do I create a verticle label at a specific station on a profile

mandy.rodriguez180516
2012-08-07, 07:45 PM
I am trying to create a lable style like the snap shot attached. I would like to be able to tell the label what station to be at and add what it is stationing. I would like the normal label vertical and the dragged state with the angle to keep from overlapping lables. I am not a programmer, so I am having a hard time figuring my way through the expressions.

WScottAllenPE
2012-10-23, 12:22 PM
Mandy,

I don't know if you can get it exact, but you can get it close. See the attached.

The problem to making it exact is how the labels implement leaders.

mandy.rodriguez180516
2012-10-25, 06:58 PM
Scott,

Thanks for the help. This gets me alot closer then I was! I guess if anybody knows if we can modify the "leader" definiton to get rid of the horizontal line, that would be great? All of the companies in our part of the state make their P/P sheets like what I am trying to do. They must just do their labeling manually. I would be curious to know what other company's P/P sheets look like or if this is a problem accross the board.

jpaulsen
2012-10-26, 12:24 PM
If you set the arrow head size to 0 the horizontal line will go away.

mandy.rodriguez180516
2012-11-05, 07:17 PM
Thanks Jeff. I did not have a clue that would work. I'm getting closer!

Mandy

TommieR
2013-02-08, 06:26 AM
I guess if anybody knows if we can modify the "leader" definiton to get rid of the horizontal line, that would be great?

Select one or more profile station elevation labels (select one then use the SELECTSIMILAR command). In the Properties Palette Annotation Section you can control the visibility of several components of the leader including leader attachment point (Point/Marker Extents/From Marker Style), leader visibility (From Label Style/Always Hide), and leader Tail Visibility (From Label Style/Always Hide).