PDA

View Full Version : Can not add words to Dictionary

jpglisson
2012-08-17, 02:47 PM
I have searched for help in a couple of locations but did not find anything that helped.
I recently upgraded AC 2011 MECH TO 2012 MECH. I was able to migrate easily.
When I try to add a word to the dictionary I get "could not add word".
In the Check Spelling dialog box the "add to dictionary is greyed out.
What can I do to fix this?
Thanks for your help.

USMCBody
2012-08-17, 03:44 PM
I had this problem once. From what I remember you have to have a custom dictionary set up for you to add words.

In AutoCAD
run the Spell routine=>click on dictionaries=>select either the custom dictionary in the current custom dictionary (or manage custom dictionaries in the same pull down=> click on new to create a new one).
The manage custom dictionaries option, you can make a new, add, or remove some things from the list. You have to actually reselect the manage custom dictionaries to get the window... If you get lost you can just click on the help button. Mostly helpful here.\

Also remember AutoCAD looks at specific places for custom dictionaries. Try and have your custom dictionary there. Look at the options window on the file tab to find out the location / make a new location.

jpglisson
2012-08-17, 04:06 PM
Thanks USMCBody, but that didn't work. When I choose the custom dictionary and add word I get the message "could not add word".
When I pick help I get the message "could not find file: acad.chm"

USMCBody
2012-08-17, 06:09 PM
you actually had a custom file to pick? Remember you have to have a custom dictionary selected / created first before you can add it. I would say make sure the custom dictionary is in the location that it looks for custom dictionaries. Right click on the command line and pick options. Go to the files tab and keep looking for the dictionaries and expand until you see the custom dictionary location. Then make sure you change it or place the custom dictionary in the same spot.

and ok out of all open windows and restart AutoCAD and try again...

Sorry, I can't think of anything else. I do know I had the problem and fixed it, but if that doesn't work I don't remember what will then... Just mess around in the dictionary options I guess...

jpglisson
2012-08-17, 06:31 PM
Thanks USMC. I did not have a custom file created. Like you suggested I kept messing around till I finally got all my i's dotted and T's crossed. I also copied all of the words I had in my 2011 into 2012.
Thanks again.
Have a great weekend.