PDA

View Full Version : Automation error unspecified

mjsregister
2005-02-03, 01:42 PM
Very weird.... I have code that has been running fonr on 65 workstations for a year and a half. All of a sudden I have 2 that refuse to work properly.

I get the automation error on the AcadDocument_BeginCommand and End_Command events. I'd like to step through it, but I can'e even get that far. It gives me the error message as it begins either event. And all the code within the sub does is simply check to see if the command the user initiated is one of a few specified commands to run some layering procedures.

Again, it's been running flawlessly until just recent. And it still does on the other 63 boxes. Resinstalling AutoCAD does nothing....

Last, but not least, I walked through the issue with the hardware guy and nothing has been changed in the LAN or the two boxes in question.....

Thanks......

mtuersley
2005-02-03, 02:39 PM
Well post the event code and lets see what it might be

mjsregister
2005-02-03, 02:51 PM
It's for a "special" object that I need updated if the user stretches or gripedits it.

Weird thing is I can't get to the first line to debug... And even weirder is that it has worked without issues... Grrr.....

Private Sub AcadDocument_BeginCommand(ByVal CommandName As String)

booLeaderGrip = False

If CommandName Like "GRIP*" Then
booLeaderGrip = True
Call GetARXdata
End If

If CommandName Like "STRETCH" Then
booLeaderGrip = True
Call GetARXdata
End If

End Sub

mtuersley
2005-02-03, 04:40 PM
Have you tried setting a breakpoint at

Private Sub AcadDocument_BeginCommand(ByVal CommandName As String)

Then using the Locals window to see the state of your environment?

Another solution is to add error handling then view the err object

Other things to think of, are you accessing any DLLs, ARXs, etc. that may not be loading [were moved, erased, etc.]. It could be in another sub/function