PDA

View Full Version : DaylightRockCut with benches and crazy corridor boundaries

MrMaia
2012-10-03, 08:03 PM
Hi everyone. I'm a complete novice to Civil 3d so this might be a banal question.

I need to draw (for later drafting and volume computing purposes) a channel which has two typical sections. A part of it is cut in rock according to the attached drawing (sorry for the large file), so requiring me to use the DaylightRockCut subassembly (I don't know how to use conditional subs). The other part has a simple section and the DaylightBench works fine.

I have both Ground and Rock surfaces, the alignment and the two assemblies required. The problem is that the rock cut will require benches, and I don't know how to do it. Also, the corridor boundary in that 1st part looks completely crazy. When looking at the Section Views, though, the rock intersection and the stripping buffer are perfectly done everywhere (station 0+14 for example) along the alignment - which surprised me.

Also, given I'm yet to know how will be the transition between the two sections, I left a small space "blank" between the two corridor parts. Is there a way to make a transition subassembly between the two attached?

Thanks!