PDA

View Full Version : Binding Xref's in ACADm2012

Darren Allen
2012-10-18, 01:59 PM
I have been attempting to find out how to bind Xref's into a drawing to prevent having to pack up all of the files in a folder when sharing. I do a search in the Autodesk Exchange Help and it comes up with descriptions that do not describe the step by step procedure to do this. When there is a procedure it does not apply to the version of ACAD being used. I.e. Xref Manager. How do I get the Xref Manager dialog box to appear, not to m ention the Bind Type Dialog box to appear. When I open the Xref File References box and select a referenced file to right click it and find the BIND option, it is not there. Why is it that when ever I search for something in Exchange or Help it always comes up coded and hidden deep within the definition so that only a person with 5 doctorate degrees in ACAD technology can understand? I JUST WANT TO BIND AN PDF OR IMAGE FILE WITHOUT IT BEING DEPENDENT ON THE FILE LOCATION!

rkmcswain
2012-10-18, 03:05 PM
I JUST WANT TO BIND AN PDF OR IMAGE FILE WITHOUT IT BEING DEPENDENT ON THE FILE LOCATION!

Simple answer = you can't. The DWG file format is not equipped to handle the internal definition of various image and pdf formats.
Longer answer = you can using some alternative methods that aren't quite the same as "binding a drawing" see http://cadpanacea.com/node/65

ptisaac679933406
2014-04-14, 02:31 AM
Insert File as an "OLE OBJECT" works all the time. No need to Bind.