PDA

View Full Version : Latest Project

Chad Smith
2003-10-29, 07:29 AM
I thought I might show off my latest project, completed today.

These images were rendered in VIZ 4.
For those in the know, no radiosity was used, I choose to use 'fakiosity' which required 93 ambient omni lights using the typical dome method and 1 main omni for the sun. Each render at the current resolution only took about 5 mins each.

Arnel Aguel
2003-10-29, 07:57 AM
Nice start Chad,

I'm not sure whether you still have some time for improvements. If you add some maps on your roof and put some reflections to your glasses it will add depth to your image.

Just my two cents.

Regards

Yman
2003-10-29, 01:39 PM
I like the way you did your cars and parking lot.

Y

Chad Smith
2003-10-29, 11:04 PM
Arnel: Unfortunately no time for improvements with this job :( , but there's always a next time. The roof and walls do have bump maps on them, but do not show to well at a distance. As for the glass, that's one of the things on my improvements list for next time. Other things include going for a crisper finished image, possibly using a different rendering filter and better material definition, e.g. bump maps.

I also generated a 40 sec. flyby animation over night, with pretty good results. :)

funkman
2003-10-30, 12:52 AM
Chad, love the landscpaing shrubs - quite minimal - what type are they? Are they from the standard families?
Also why do the cars look boxy and all the same? I miss the red porsche? :lol:

Chad Smith
2003-10-31, 05:29 AM
The landscaping are just RPC objects that come packaged as samples with either VIZ 4.0 or 3.1, can't remember.

As for the cars, I consider stuff like cars, trucks and people secondary items in an image, and therefore I like them to be there but not to overwhelm the image. So they are simple and bland. We are trying to sell the building, not a car, so the building has to stand out. I do have a porche model, but only use it if there is a carpark specifically deligated to the client. Makes them feel more important I guess. :wink: