PDA

View Full Version : Fill Range Problem

pedrobanquero2006
2012-11-26, 07:41 AM
I am working in Earthworks cut and fill project and I have some question/s about the fill. Our client wants to submit a fill layer of 15cm increments with area and volume. I have submitted the ranges using the increments using the elevation analysis in volume surface.

Please find attached herewith the sample of what I have come up and some clarification regarding the result. Thank you for any ideas.

david.kinskey-lebeda994985
2012-11-27, 10:15 PM
I actually just had a similar conundrum regarding how the volume and area were being calculated. It lists zero area there because there is nothing on your composite surface that is at that elevation. IE there is no part of your surface at elevation 0.15. There is at 0.60. Thus, there is fill volume from 0 to .6 that exists, but there's no representative area of its own. Its a base to all elevations above it.
For the volume, it should be calculating the average elevation for every triangle, and multiplying this by the area of the triangle, and then summing up the volume of each triangle. That is my understanding of it. Volume = Area * (Min Elev + Max Elev) /2
Regarding the table of contours and elevations, you can right click the table, and "edit table style."

I hope that helps with part of your question.