PDA

View Full Version : 2011 how to define station and elevation in an existing profile

One Day Retire
2013-01-07, 04:32 PM
How does one define an existing profile station and elevation point on the grid? I have a polyline drawn left to right in my plan view and need to give it some sort of intelligence in order to define the profile point, correct? I am using AutoCad 2011 with a Carlson survey package. I suppose it is the same as Civil 3D...

thanks in advance

BlackBox
2013-01-07, 04:40 PM
Welcome to AUGI!

How does one define an existing profile station and elevation point on the grid? I have a polyline drawn left to right in my plan view and need to give it some sort of intelligence in order to define the profile point, correct? I am using AutoCad 2011 with a Carlson survey package. I suppose it is the same as Civil 3D...

Carlson Survey is more akin to Land Desktop (which is no longer supported), than to Civil 3D as I understand it.

For example, in Civil 3D one simply invokes the AeccAddProfileViewStaElevLbl Command (Profile View Contextual Ribbon Tab, Labels Panel, Add View Labels Button)... Without using some sort of Database (albeit internal like Civil 3D, or External like Land Desktop), I am unsure how to advise you.

Perhaps someone more adept at Carlson can chime in?

One Day Retire
2013-01-07, 05:10 PM
thanks for the reply. Hopefully, someone knows. I remember a database I used in LD 2007, but you're correct in this being a different animal. I assume it operates close to the same due to the prompt for a file; I'm using the .TIN file I created. The thing is, it doesn't prompt me to 'pick' on the profile itself and asking me where my starting station and elevation should be.

Weird.