PDA

View Full Version : Dwf files end up being HUGE!!

MarkLyon
2013-02-13, 04:24 PM
I am a structual drafter in Seattle and I draw Costco buildings. It has come to my attention that I have 2 very simular buildings of with the files sizes almost identical in cad. Yet when I make a dwf file one is a whooping 51,695 KB and the other is only 2,423 KB which is about right. I have know idea how this happens. In addition this happens to be only the Canadian job in our office that are HUGE. Now you would first think ah there must be something in the file different. Well I started off by making individual sheets a dwf and they are all HUGE compaired to the U.S. Jog.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Please help the file is to large to email.

Mark G. Lyon

Wanderer
2013-02-13, 06:56 PM
I am a structual drafter in Seattle and I draw Costco buildings. It has come to my attention that I have 2 very simular buildings of with the files sizes almost identical in cad. Yet when I make a dwf file one is a whooping 51,695 KB and the other is only 2,423 KB which is about right. I have know idea how this happens. In addition this happens to be only the Canadian job in our office that are HUGE. Now you would first think ah there must be something in the file different. Well I started off by making individual sheets a dwf and they are all HUGE compaired to the U.S. Jog.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Please help the file is to large to email.

Mark G. Lyon

Interesting. I assume, since you say the CAD file sizes are similar, that it's been purged of everything unneeded. Out of curiosity, I would try WBLOCKing the problem file and seeing if the new file exhibits the same behavior.

SJM
2013-03-29, 12:52 PM
Have been using dwf files so that engineers can view latest drawings, for 5+ years, over the last few months our dwf size has grow on some projects to 20mg+ same size project 5 years ago would have been less then 2mg?

Thoughts on the growing size of dwf files?