PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Part Builder

valejandro_ibarra
2013-03-16, 12:07 AM
Hi

Anyone knows about a good tutorial/manual for a pipe/structure part builder in civil 3d?

Thanks in advance

Opie
2013-03-18, 03:12 PM
Not really. You might look in the AU courses from the past to see if there is something that will work for you.

Otherwise, you might try magic. That is about all that has ever worked for me. :lol:

jhudson470805
2013-03-22, 12:38 PM
I have not found a good tutorial. I think that I went through this in 2008/2009 with the Autodesk tutorial. I did gain some understanding of drawing from scratch. What I have had success with is to start with a part that is similar in size and type to what I need and then to adjust the parameters to fit the standard structure that I need. Some of the parameters are constants, some calculations and some can come from list. I also can rename it to the structure standard and then save it as a new part family. I recommend that you back up your default catalog before you start so you can restore it if it gets corrupted.

tntdraftsol
2013-03-22, 08:24 PM
Like Opie said the AU courses may be your best bet. Here is a link to a AU 2011 class that Eric Chappell did on creating cutom storm inlets: http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=9384
I have tried wading into those part builder waters and they are not kind.