PDA

View Full Version : Distance learning - but it wouldn't be free

Wes Macaulay
2005-02-16, 05:03 AM
I haven't even talked to my crew about this, but what if I put together some distance learning seminars? I'd have to check into the costs of Webex or Placeware, but I'm sure we could run a group of people through some of the stuff covered by Autodesk.

I don't know how much renting the service costs... I think it's fairly expensive, but if ten people showed up, we could split the costs. My office takes credit cards for peopel buying software, I imagine we could use it to deal with the costs of the Placeware session.

Anyone interested?

PeterJ
2005-02-16, 01:53 PM
Is this a WM Productions idea or something from Pacific Alliance? Either would be fine but I'm just interested in whether you would be charging for the hosting and then a touch for yourself or the hosting, the overhead, the preparation time, the boss' Merc and so on.

Wes Macaulay
2005-02-16, 02:17 PM
HA!

It would have to be a PA thing since I don't have time after work for such endeavors. The boss rides a bike to work, so I don't think it would hurt too much. Of course, the time slots would probably only suit a North American audience, but if people from different locales got really interested, I might have to rearrange my sleep patterns.