PDA

View Full Version : Cover Sheet development

michael380822
2013-05-16, 05:51 PM
Hello, I am very new to Revit, but not CAD. I have developed my title block in Revit, and created a new Cover Sheet in my (start of) template file. What I can't figure out how to do, or what is the proper way to do it, is to now get all of my typical Cover Sheet information (General Construction notes, Project directory, space for location map, etc.) onto the new Revit Cover Sheet. I realize I need to re-create all of this; no problem, I just don't know -where- to recreate it, and then -how- to get it to appear in my template on the Cover Sheet. The newly created Revit Cover Sheet does have my Title Block inserted (so I did get that far and was also able to start a Drawing Index). I thought of doing it all in the Template, but I cannot figure out how to set up Labels (not just text) in the Template Cover Sheet for things like Project Name, Project Address, etc. like I did for my Title Block, that need to be linked to the project. If I can get the Labels to work, then would I create the General Notes, etc, in the Template under Views? As you can see, I am very confused at this point. I really could use a little guidance on how to properly get this Cover Sheet set up. Once I understand the process, I'm sure it will come a little easier. Thank you in advance for any help!!

a_queenan
2013-05-16, 07:44 PM
First change your sheet number to what ever the cover sheet number will be. Under the view tab, you can create a drawing list and then drag that to the cover sheet. On our templates, we have the cover sheet already started with detail lines blocking out where things like the client logo and site map will go and just insert them when we start the project. We dont have a separate family for cover sheets, we just make the views we need in the template and have it started that way.

michael380822
2013-05-16, 09:52 PM
Thank you so much for your quick response. I thought that might be a way to get it done. But it doesn't solve the problem of setting the Project Name, address and such to be linked with the project information. If possible, I'd like to have my Cover information be automatically filled in like my title block. Thanks again for the reply!

a_queenan
2013-05-18, 11:35 PM
I made a family that contains that information. I set it to the titleblock category and then populated it with the parameters that are appropriate ( in our case, <Client>, <project Address> I think). On Monday I can post an example.

michael380822
2013-05-20, 03:24 PM
Thank you! I'll look for it.

a_queenan
2013-05-20, 05:08 PM
Here is the family. 92203

michael380822
2013-05-22, 11:27 AM
Seems simple enough. Thank you for sharing this.

rodromlo584320
2013-08-27, 02:40 AM
I think this video might help you. Information in sheets can be manged using shared parameters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqM1H5I7Rvk