PDA

View Full Version : How can I make a startUp Exe for Startup AutoCAD

2013-05-20, 08:06 AM
I have dev a set of arxs programs,Now I want to develop a startUp.exe which can startUp AutoCAD and Let it search for acad.rx file in the folder where the startUp.exe located.

the Arxs that acad.rx file contains is also in the same folder.

More details or code will be prefer.

BlackBox
2013-05-20, 01:37 PM
What's wrong with Process.Start()?

2013-05-22, 02:40 AM
I don't mean something wrong with the Process.Start(),AutoCAD can normally startup .
I do the seconary develop with ObjectArx,I want to dev another standalone StartUp.exe which not only can startUp AutoCAD but also can load the arx-modules located in a specific folder , of course ,the fold usually the standalone startUp.exe located.
How to make this kind of startup.exe?

BlackBox
2013-05-22, 02:07 PM
There a couple of options, depending on which version.

If 2012+, consider using Autoloader.

If 2011-, consider using Registry loader, or simply invoke one of the myriad programmatic Command calls:

Techniques for calling AutoCAD commands programmatically (http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2006/08/techniques_for_.html)

dgorsman
2013-05-22, 10:12 PM
ARX modules can be demand-loaded at start-up via the registry (which includes path information for each of them), and launching AutoCAD is as simple as calling the same string as in a desktop shortcut including standard arguments such as workspace, profile, etc. (which include an /ld argument for ARX/DBX). Modules can also be loaded via an ACAD.RX file in the same manner as an acad.lsp file, just needs to be the first one found in the search path.

Or is this something about invoking commands/procedures defined in the loaded modules?

2013-05-23, 06:28 AM
ARX modules can be demand-loaded at start-up via the registry (which includes path information for each of them), and launching AutoCAD is as simple as calling the same string as in a desktop shortcut including standard arguments such as workspace, profile, etc. (which include an /ld argument for ARX/DBX).
Can you give some instance? with C++ code will be better!

Modules can also be loaded via an ACAD.RX file in the same manner as an acad.lsp file, just needs to be the first one found in the search path.
How I can create a new profile programmatically? I can I add a search path programmatically? How I can make the a search path to be first?

Thanks!
best regards!

kenmjones
2013-05-24, 05:36 AM
you can find documentation and example code in the Demand Loading of the ARX documentation. the documentation also describes various ways to start and arx plugin.