PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Revit Subcategories to a layer differing from category

Mhug9
2013-05-23, 09:26 AM
Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me with this seemingly obvious problem I have.

I've created a new subcategory under specialty equipment and would like to be able to set this subcategory to a different layer than that of the category. I've tried to just manually override the text with the required layer but when I export it still remains on the category layer. Is there something that I'm missing? does the info have to be inputted in a certain way?

Thanks in advance!

Wanderer
2013-05-23, 02:28 PM
Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me with this seemingly obvious problem I have.

I've created a new subcategory under specialty equipment and would like to be able to set this subcategory to a different layer than that of the category. I've tried to just manually override the text with the required layer but when I export it still remains on the category layer. Is there something that I'm missing? does the info have to be inputted in a certain way?

Thanks in advance!

Out of curiosity, which flavor of Revit are you using?