PDA

View Full Version : new sheet set with existing drawings custom fields

jkipfer
2005-02-21, 09:59 PM
I had the idea that I could create a drawing file with multiple layout tabs in the manner I've been used to and then using the s.s.m. I would create a new sheet set using the existing drawing option, search to my layouts, add them and then be able to use the custom field properties in my title blocks.

However, as soon as I click the button to use existing drawings, I can already see in the Sheet Set Properties, that I have no custom properties available to fill out.

If I choose a sample sheet set, they are available. If I then go <-back, and choose the existing drawings option again, then I can see the custom properties in the Sheet Set Properties. But, in the end, the fields don't update anyhow.

How do I get fields to update by adding existing drawings?

Thanks,

Jason

jkipfer
2005-02-22, 04:57 PM
I was able to achieve what I was after (use the s.s.m. with multi layout tabs) by slightly modifying my process. First, I started by creating a sheet set based on an example one. Then I added one sheet, and created all geometry in the model space of that sheet file. I added more layout tabs by copying the one that I created by adding my sheet. Then in the s.s.m., I imported layouts as sheets, searched to my drawing file (the sheet that I created) and added all the layout tabs. The title block fields now update on a per sheet or sheet set basis as they should.

It's a fairly simple way to use a lot of the s.s.m. capabilities while keeping it simple for everyone who has been used to creating small projects all within one file.

Of course this precludes the detail and section markers automatically updating as they are not placed from named views. oh well.

Jason