PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility between Revit and P&ID

FabriCADed
2013-09-10, 08:13 PM
Okay all, tough question(s)...

I am looking for a way to "link" Revit and AutoCAD P&ID. We currently use BIM Link as a resource for exporting/importing information via Excel files to/from Revit. In the instrumentation field (at our company) we haven't been moving forward as quickly as I would like in converting everything (almost everything) over to Revit.

We can use Revit for all of our panels/tray/instrument locations, but it is best to use AutoCAD P&ID for our Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams as it allows us to use smart blocks to populate IO lists, panel schedules, etc. Does anyone, has anyone used any utility to link P&ID and Revit together? Does anyone know of a way to use BIMLink to do this? Or does Autodesk have a way of doing this within their programs?

As a part of this does anyone know of any plans to include the ability to create custom disciplines within Revit MEP in the future, so that I could have an Instrumentation Discipline, rather than grouping us under one of the other disciplines?

In the future it would be nice to be able to click on a pipe in P&ID and have the option to view said pipe in Revit and vice-versa, to be able to zoom to said location and move/add an instrument on that pipe and have the changes populate in both design suites. Is this too complicated or is it something that we can do now or will be able to do in the future?

Thanks in advance.