PDA

View Full Version : setup a road

bhakj
2005-02-25, 04:05 PM
i am trying to set finish grade at the top of curb instead of the crown of the road. does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how was it done because i have tried several different things and it is putting my top of curb as the centerline.

MHultgren
2005-02-25, 04:14 PM
You should be able to define a template and when prompted for the FG Reference point, select the TC point on your template. When prompted for the Symetry of the template say NO.

bhakj
2005-02-25, 04:28 PM
tried that and when we did the preview of the sections it stuck the top of curb as the centerline. But i will go back and look at that again.

Thanks for your response

Phil Ferguson
2005-02-25, 06:16 PM
i am trying to set finish grade at the top of curb instead of the crown of the road. does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how was it done because i have tried several different things and it is putting my top of curb as the centerline.
What I typically do...I' ll put a 'tail' on my template, a part of the template the extends vertically to the crown "elevation". The end of this line is my finished ground reference point...I make sure that the Top Surface (that we use for the DTM) doesn't include this line.

Is this what you're getting at?

MHultgren
2005-02-25, 07:00 PM
Now I think I've got it figured out. You want to use your FG CL in the profile, but set grades according to your Top of Curb? If you edit the template (select Edsurf and then Points to add your TC points to the template) and add pcodes at your TC point, you can import the points into your drawing by using the template approach Phil described.

Sample your surface and add specific stations by picking or typing in the station numbers, then make sure theSpecific Stations and Save Sample List checkboxes are checked so you don't have to pick them all again when you rerun it. Then process the sections and in the Point Output select Tplate points to dwg and select the pcode you defined for your TC. Once you get them in, create a point group of them so you can just add that group to your surface for rebuilding if your don't use 3D plines.

bhakj
2005-02-25, 07:51 PM
thanks for your response i will try it out.

bhakj
2005-02-28, 03:22 PM
something is still not working. maybe it is the way i am describing it.

i want the top of curb to be finished grade. when defining the tremplate i place FG at the top of curb. When doing this it also places the centerline at this point. I tried to remove this but was unable when i tried to edit the template. The alignment i am running is the edge where i want the top of curb and not the center of the road.

am i using the wrong alignment or am i still setting up the template wrong.

i have even tried to edit the template and add a point to where i the center of the road is and the alignment is also the center of road but i throws the top of curb in the center of the road.

MHultgren
2005-02-28, 06:43 PM
LDT uses the alignment that you define as the Centerline unless you tell it that you want to run your template along a different "Offset" algnment. The FG point that you set in your template corresponds to the Centerline match point for the alignment. If you want to run your TC off the centerline, define your template as Phil described and then add the FG point (pcode) to the TC point in your template. When you import the points, select ONLY the TC Pcode and they should come in where you are expecting them to.