PDA

View Full Version : help- inventor crash

ebmanne
2005-02-27, 10:50 PM
I am working on an IPT that is not that complex, and when I try and reopen it inventor crashes( just shuts down no effect on the computer it's self). I tried opening some other drawings and had no trouble so it appears that it is a problem with this one particular drawing.is there any way to view this drawing information or force it to open to see what the problem is. Does inventor have any kind of recover tools that would help.

P.S. this may be a stupid mistake but I'm new to Inventor.
Any help would be appreciated

jmckinney3843
2005-02-28, 06:13 PM
I don't know of any recovery tools like MD and AutoCAD have, but what I would recommend is going to the "OldVersions" folder that is located in the same directory as the file that is crashing. I would open each of these old version files one at a time until onr of them opens. You will probably lose some work, but at least not all of it.

ebmanne
2005-03-01, 02:39 AM
I already tried using the old versions, only the latest one seems to be available, and it crashes the program too. I'm not going to lose that much work but i would like to know what I did so I can prevent from happening again..

Jon_Beland
2005-03-01, 03:26 AM
What's your Inv. version, do you have the latest service packs & hotfixes installed? I have had the same thing happen, but long ago on Inv. 6 (which was quite buggy).

ebmanne
2005-03-02, 12:08 AM
I haven't downloaded any service packs yet, I haven't been using Inventor very long, and there seems to be some problems being reported in the forums with some of the service packs. Can anyone shed some light on this.

Ron Oldenbeuving
2005-03-04, 01:22 AM
I'm running IV9 SP2, seems less buggy and crashy. It's possible to increase the amount of old versions being saved, File - Projects - Options - Old Versions To Keep On Save (-1 = All) = "X",
where it sounds like X is currently set to 1 on your system. Changing this to 0 means no old versions are saved, increasing it will mean more old versions are saved, and changing it to -1 will save every old version. I prefer to set my own at 5, which normally gives me enough to step back through without completely clogging my hard drive. Hope this helps,