PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Proper Curb Return Slope Labels

dpresley58437170
2014-02-19, 06:57 PM
C3D 2014

We're looking into profiling curb returns by extracting an alignment from a corridor feature line, then creating a profile of that alignment. This profile is them superimposed onto the appropriate street profiles. So far, so good... The curb return geometry does what it is supposed to do - show the stations of the start and end of the curb return perpendicular to the subject alignment.

The problem is labeling the true slope of the curb return, which needs to take the actual alignment length into account. I've tried using expressions, but they seem only to apply to a given label style (i.e., alignment expressions to alignment labels, profile expressions to profile labels, etc.)

Is there a way to combine expressions from different label groups so that I can get the start and end elevations of a profile and divide them by the alignment length?

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance

David Presley

BlackBox
2014-02-19, 09:55 PM
We're looking into profiling curb returns by extracting an alignment from a corridor feature line....

Why not just add a General Segment Label to the Feature Line's 'General Segment Grade' Property within the designated General Line Label Style?

dpresley58437170
2014-02-24, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the response.
I believe that would allow the slope label to be placed in plan view only, wouldn't it? I'm looking for something to do it in profile.
In the left view, the curb return alignment is highlighted.
In the center the profile for it is shown.
The right view shows the natural distortion when the profile is superimposed.
The task is to label the grade the way it would be shown in the curb return profile onto the superimposed segment. The problem arises when I try to combine expressions from two different types of entities.

Am I missing something, or is there a better approach?

BlackBox
2014-02-24, 05:12 PM
Could you post a sample drawing?

dpresley58437170
2014-03-02, 10:39 PM
Could you post a sample drawing?

I have a graphic in the last post. Are you wanting the .dwg file itself?
If so, I can post it early this next week.