PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Civil 3d Fatal Error opening drawings

JOROB26
2014-03-04, 05:59 PM
I keep getting this error "Fatal Error: Unhandled e0434352h Exception at fd0a940dh". It does this on every computer here at the office, but if I close AutoCAD all the way down and open the drawing through windows explorer, it opens just fine. I have ran audit and -pu. I cant run a recover because it will just crash on me. Once I get the drawing open through windows explorer I don't have any problems. This is not just one drawing. Its pretty much any drawing I try to open. Thanks in advance for your help!

MHultgren
2014-03-05, 11:44 AM
Is it just the one drawing? I would try inserting it into a blank drawing at coordinates of 1,1,1 then explode it and move everything back to 0,0,0 and save. Make sure all your layers are thawed and on.

nelson
2014-03-05, 02:00 PM
I was going to say try cleaning up regapps using autodesk's tool for 2014 (http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/regapp-id-cleanup-utility-autocad-20132014.html) but I think I know your problem. By opening up from windows explorer you are using the default profile, not a custom profile.

If your company is like most you have a custom profile that you put into the shortcut to launch into.
Shortcut Properties, Target location ="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\AecBase.dbx" /p "C:\xxxxxxxxx\2014LocalSupport\Profiles\2014c3d.arg"

There must be something wrong with your custom profile, whether it be a custom lisp, bad code, or something else. I'd start there and build a new one or remove the custom support paths you put in and add them back one at a time.

Good luck