PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Profile-Breaking Pressure pipe at stationing

abare
2014-03-27, 07:19 PM
Hello,

Im kind of new to the wonderful world of profiles in civil 3D. Weve made a pressure pipe network and inserted a multiple profile. The problem that I have is I cant seem to get the pressure pipe to stop where the stationing does. I set a limit at 550 and the 2nd profile picks up properly but the pipe runs straight past. It continues right on through to the vertical elevations. The attached image shows the issue and the white vertical line is where I need the pipe to stop, as the stationing stops. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is an easy fix that I overlooked, though id be happy if thats the case.

BlackBox
2014-03-28, 01:32 PM
Without a sample drawing to look over, it appears as though your Profile View Style was setup such that the elevations are shifted to be within the station range of your view, rather than outside same.

See your Profile View Style's Properties, Vertical Axes tab, and modify the justification accordingly.

HTH

abare
2014-03-28, 06:29 PM
Without a sample drawing to look over, it appears as though your Profile View Style was setup such that the elevations are shifted to be within the station range of your view, rather than outside same.

See your Profile View Style's Properties, Vertical Axes tab, and modify the justification accordingly.

HTH

Thanks for your reply.

I do have the numbers on the "inside" of the profile. Its the way the manager wants it, who isnt a fan of "technology". So im trying to make sure it looks exactly the way he wants it to. I can move the location of the text and fix the issue but I was hoping there was a way to keep the text on the inside and stop the pipe short of it.

BlackBox
2014-03-28, 07:48 PM
... In reverse order:

I can move the location of the text and fix the issue but I was hoping there was a way to keep the text on the inside and stop the pipe short of it.

Not that I am aware of, using Profile View Style... But that doesn't mean it isn't possible... You might experiment with Profile View Style Properties, Grid tab.

I do have the numbers on the "inside" of the profile. Its the way the manager wants it, who isnt a fan of "technology". So im trying to make sure it looks exactly the way he wants it to.

FWIW, as I know nothing of your work environment -

Be mindful that they knew enough to setup the Civil 3D styles in the first place; they surely know enough to spot check for compliance, and where to find who modified their styles (unless you're adept at the .NET API *grin*).

You may do well to instead approach them with the issue you've observed working their standard Profile View Style, and offer to help... Simply identifying the issue can be seen as just more work for them, but like women, managers often appreciate having thoughtful solutions offered for them to choose from. Providing both effectively, can lend to your being seen as a resource instead of just another user - especially for a manager that 'isn't a fan of technology.'

Cheers

Opie
2014-03-28, 08:28 PM
We typically modify the locations of our viewports in paper space to represent a match line (plain text and polyline) area. We also have our grid lines as plain lines in paper space.

I think that is what you are trying to achieve.